Hi! This is Shees. Today we will talk about Depression, causes of depression
What is Depression:
It is a mental health disorder usually mood disorder that characterised by the loss of interest, feeling sad
- It is more common in women than men.
- It affects appetite.
- It lasts for 6-8 months at least.
- It is a leading cause of disability.
- It may be contagious.
- It is different from the fluctuations in mood in daily routine.
- Depressed people are more prone to illness than un-depressed people.
- Temporary emotional disturbances do not constitute Depression.
Causes of depression:
The main cause of depression is not known but following factors may cause Depression:
- Environmental influence
- Changes in the neurotransmitter levels
- Social factors
- Life events like poverty, divorce etc
- Personality i.e. less successful coping strategies
- Some prescription drugs
- Abuse of recreational drugs
- Chronic condition like diabetes, and other diseases
- Depressed mood
- Reduce interest
- Unintentional weight loss
- Feeling of guilt
- Recurrent thoughts of death and suicide
- Appearing miserable
- Tearful eyes
- Lack of eye contact and facial expressions
It is diagnosed firstly by the consultation with the doctor.
The doctor asked you some questions. These questions helped the doctor to assess the severity of depression.
The doctor takes some physical examination and lab tests.
A depressed person may be treated as:
- Support of his/her family member.
- Psychotherapy also called talking therapy.
- Drug treatment like Tricyclic antidepressants, Atypical antidepressants etc.
- Aerobic exercise regularly
- Brain stimulation therapies
Foods that fights Depression:
Following things helped you to cure of it:
- Eat carrot
- Take coffee or green tea
- Eat leafy greens
- Drink milk
- Eat Salmon
How you help yourself:
You helped yourself as:
- Talk to someone face to face.
- When you are depressed the take a short walk.
- Eat foods that boost up your mood
- Spend some time in nature
So at the end, I hope you will get a lot of information as you want, So just read the causes of depression, symptoms, treatment and cure it yourself.