Hi! This is Shees. Today we will talk about COPD.
It can be defined as a condition of lungs that associated with the destruction of alveoli causes short breath called COPD. It is an umbrella that includes emphysema, asthma, and chronic bronchitis.
- It is a silent disease.
- Emphysema is the smoking.
- It is the hereditary disease.
- Damaging that occur in the lungs cannot be healed.
- It can be happened only by one infection.
Here are the causes of the COPD:
- Secondhand smoke
- Air pollution
- Chemical fumes
- Dust Particles
These are the symptoms of the COPD:
- Difficult breathing upon exercise
- Shortness of breath
- Unable to climb stairs
- Lips and fingernails turn blue
- Mentally absent
It can be diagnosed as:
It is used to measure the lungs size, oxygenation etc.
It is the test that is used to determine the oxygen in the blood.
It is helpful to diagnose the emphysema.
Several blood tests are taken to determine the amount of oxygen in the blood.
Treatment of COPD:
Following are the treatments of the COPD:
It is the medicine that is used in this treatment.
In the case of infections, antibiotics are given to an infected person.
Some aerosol sprays are used to breathe properly.
These drugs are used to get relief from Emphysema.
Some patients need to lose their weight but some require to gain their weight, so, this type of therapy is used.
This therapy uses to increase the oxygen content in the blood.
When infection becomes acute then surgery is performed to transplant the lung.
Volume reduction surgery:
In this surgery, the damaged portion of the lungs are removed by the doctors, so that healthy tissues in the body expands to work properly.
You can prevent emphysema, follow these points:
- Avoid air pollution
- Avoid high altitude
- Avoid allergic triggers
- Avoid infection by brushing your teeth
- Avoid secondhand smoking
- Don’t smoke
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Wash your hands
Home remedies for COPD:
Here are some remedies that are used to cure COPD:
- Eat fishes because it acts as anti-inflammatory agents that not only cure your breathing difficulties but also imparts positive effects on COPD patients.
- Intake a lot of Citrus fruits.
- papaya is also very good during this condition.
- Broccoli is the superfood that works best for all the diseases like COPD.
- Eat magnesium containing foods because it heals up the lungs a lot like yogurt, almonds etc.
- Ginseng roots are best for this diseases. It improves ventilation.
- The inflammation in the lungs can be reduced by using the Olive leaf.
This is all information about COPD, follow all described above.