Hello!This is Shees.Today we talked About Stomach cancer, causes, symptoms, treatment, and prevention.
Cancer is the development of abnormal cells.
It is the accumulation of abnormal cells that form the mass in the stomach. This cancer starts in the stomach.
It is also called gastric cancer.
- About 723,000 cancer-related deaths are caused by stomach cancer each year.
- The most common type of stomach cancer is Adenocarcinoma of the stomach.
- Tumour in the stomach may be benign or malignant.
- Cancer begins in cells in the inner layer of the stomach.
- After some time, This cancer invades more deeply into the stomach wall.
How cancer spread:
It spread by the breakdown of original tumours.
They enter into bloodstream and travel throughout all parts of the body.
This cancer may invade and grow into other tissues.
It is a bacteria that infect the inner layer of stomach, it cause
inflammation and the peptic ulcer that increases the risk of cancer.
Long-term inflammation of stomach:
Those people that have Long-term inflammation of stomach are more likely to be infected with this cancer.
It is the major cause of cancer.
The diet with improper nutrients causes cancer.
The close relation of a person like parents, sisters, brother
with the history of stomach cancer are more likely to develop this disease.
Following are the symptoms:
- Pain in stomach
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Weight loss
- Feeling full after a small meal
- Severe and persistent heartburn
Doctor feel your abdomen for fluids and swelling.
Doctor use endoscope in order to look into the stomach.
It is the only way to detect the presence of cancer cell in the stomach.
It is a careful attempt to find out following:
- How deeply the tumour invade into the wall of the stomach.
- Whether tumour invades nearby tissues.
- Whether cancer has spread.
The choice of treatment depends on the size and location of the tumor.
There are three types of treatment:
- Surgery: Remove whole stomach or the part of the stomach that is infected.
- Chemotherapy: Use drugs to kill the cancer cell.
- Radiotherapy: Use high energy rays to kill the cancer cells.
- By Changing lifestyle.
- Take healthy food.
- Give up smoking.
- Avoid things that cause cancer.
- Take medicines regularly.