Hello! This is Shees.Today we talked about Cholera, what causes cholera ,its symptoms, treatment and preventions.
It is an acute and infectious bacterial disease of the small intestine. It causes vomiting and diarrhea and even death.
- This disease is discovered in 1883.
- This disease is caused by bacteria called Vibrio Cholerae Bacterium.
- The people that have blood group O are more susceptible to severe cholera.
- This disease kills within an hour if leaves untreated.
- It is a preventable disease.
- 80% cases of cholera are treatable.
- It spread very fast.
what causes cholera:
- By drinking water which is contaminated with Cholera bacterium.
- Raw and improperly cooked fish.
- vegetables irrigated with fresh sewage.
- In an epidemic, the source of contamination is feces of the infected person.
Following are the symptoms:
- Acute Diarrhea
- Muscle cramps
- Dilated pupil
- Low blood pressure
- Loss of skin plasticity
- Fast heartbeat
=>About 75% people do not show any symptoms.
Who gets Cholera:
The person that live in place with inadequate water treatment, poor sanitation, inadequate hygiene.
The doctor takes a stool sample and send it to the laboratory.
- It is treated by replacement of lost fluids and salts through diarrhea.
- By oral rehydration solution.
- Mix water with sugar and salt then drunk it.
- Antibiotics are used.
- Disposed feces by sanitary manner.
- Eat food that is packed.
- Clean your hands before mealing.
- Drink boiled, bottled and chemically cleaned water.
- Avoid tap water or ice cubes.
- Wash your hands with soap.
Oral cholera vaccination is available.