Hi! This is Shees. Today we will talk about Kidney stones, what causes kidney stones, Its preventions, treatment, home remedies and symptoms
What are Kidney stones?
It is a hard, crystalline, mineral material that is formed in the kidneys.
It is also called Nephrolithiasis and renal lithiasis.
It exists in different sizes and shapes.
It is also known one of the most painful medical conditions.
Formation of stones in the Kidneys:
The function of Kidneys is to filter the blood and remove toxins and waste materials to produce urine.
This urine leaves each Kidney and enters into the bladder and then discharge through the urethra.
But, sometimes, the chemicals are dissolved in the urine and form tiny crystals in the urine.
These crystals are clump together to form a stone.
There are different type of Kidney stones includes:
It is the most common type. This stone is made up of Calcium oxalate, maleate and phosphate.
Uric acid stones:
This is more common in men than women. This type of kidney stone is developed due to acidic urine.
The diet rich in purines increase an acidic level.
This is common in women and occurs due to urinary tract infections.
It is common both in women and men who have genetic disorder Cystinuria.
What causes kidney stones:
These are the causes of Kidney stones:
- Being obese
- Eating proteins, sodium in diet
- Digestive diseases and surgery
- Vigorous exercise
- Family history
Following are the symptoms of the kidney stones:
- Puffy eyes
- Swollen face, hands, ankle, and feet
- Increased need to urinate
- Difficult and painful urination
- Blood in the urine
- Foul-smelling urine
Several tests are taken to diagnose it:
- Blood tests
- Abdominal CT scan
- MRI of the abdomen and kidneys
- Ultrasound of kidneys
- Intravenous pyelogram
- Abdominal X-rays
- Pain relief medicines are used.
- This disease is handled by Antibodies.
- Certain medications like allopurinol, diuretics, sodium bicarbonate and phosphorus solution are used.
- Lithotripsy, a technique that is used to break the stones.
- Tunnel surgery, stones starts obstruction.
- Ureteroscopy, when stone stuck in the uterus.
- Drink water throughout the day
- Eat food that contains low salt and protein level
- Don’t eat food that contains reach concentration of oxalates.
- Dandelion roots is a natural cleanser of the kidneys.
- Drink horsetail tea which is very effective for the kidneys.
- Drink pomegranate juice.
- Magnesium orotate is recommended for kidney stones.
- Celery seeds are natural kidneys tonics.