What is A migraine:
It is the severe painful headache usually confined to one side of the head.
How is Headache differs from A migraine?
A headache is the unpleasant pain in the head cause pressure and aching.
- It occurs on both sides of the head.
- It may be mild to severe.
- It lasts from 30 minutes to a week.
- Approximately 12% American people affected by a Migraine.
- It tends to affect the person in the age of 15-55.
- It affects more women than men.
- About 3% of people are affected by a severe migraine.
- Medication can eliminate or reduce pain.
What causes A migraine:
It is said that A migraine may be caused by the abnormal activity of the brain.
Vascular imbalance and excess muscular tension can cause Migraine.
It causes changes in:
- Nerve signals.
- The flow of blood in the brain.
- The major cause of a Migraine is still unknown.
Following are the symptoms of A migraine:
- Sensitivity to light
- Temporary vision loss
- Flashing lights
- Pain in the back of one eye
- Pain in the temples
- Unusual senses of smell and taste
- Loss of appetite
Factors may cause A migraine:
- Physical or emotional stress
- Skipping meal
- Irregular sleep
The international society of a headache uses (5, 4, 3, 2, 1) criteria to diagnose it.
These stands for:
- 5 or more attacks
- 4 hours to 3 days in duration
- At least 2 unilateral location, moderate to severe pain, pulsating quality
- At least 1 additional symptom such as nausea, vomiting etc.
Some tests are also taken by a doctor such as:
- EEG (electroencephalography)
- CT (Computer tomography)
- MRI (Magnetic resonance imaging)
- Painkillers are used to overcome the pain.
- Other medications such as Naproxen, ibuprofen, paracetamol, aspirin are taken.
- Metoclopramide is used to reduce the symptoms.
- Regular physical exercise
- Drink plenty of water
- Reduce stress
- Getting enough sleep
- Add one spoon of Apple cider vinegar in the water, mix well with honey and drink it daily.
- Drink Ginger tea or peppermint tea regularly.
- Cherries prove very good for your health and fight with your migraine.
- Place some ice cubes by wrapping in clothes on your temples to say bye bye to A migraine.
- Add green vegetable in your diet because it fights with this pain.
- Eat food that is full of Vitamin B2 like milk, fish, and cheese etc.
- Butterbur is the plant that used for the treatment of many pain like a migraine.
- Mix one spoon of Cayenne pepper in warm water, mix with honey and drink as need.
- Take 15 long breathes twice a day in the morning and evening.
Follow all remedies and treatment in order to get relief from a migraine.
Visit again, Thanx!